Note from Ride Coordinator: Your feedback is invited on these rides -- things that would make them more practical, more inviting, and more fun. All constructive input is welcome.
- 11-May-2022: Mascot Rescue Ride! THE PARTY IS ON!!! We have 5 people confirmed to rescue our mascot at Chapter J's Gathering on Wednesday evening. Dinner is at 6:00pm (they occupy the west room of the diner). Their meeting starts at 7:00pm. Anyone who can make it are welcome to join us -- the more the merrier. (Yes, it means toughing out at least part of Denver rush hour, if only the tail end of it.)
- 21-May-2022: Chapter-G Gathering (09:30, Poudre Valley REA Inc. @ 7649 REA Pkwy, Fort Collins, CO 80528)
- 04-Jun-2022: Advanced Rider Course (District Educator, 08:00–18:00 @ Jeffco Stadium [map])
- 05-Jun-2022: Chapter-G Meal Ride (Spring Picnic Ride: bring lunch/drink with you and meet @ 11:00am at West Jax Loveland west parking lot. 11:05 safety briefing, kickstands up @ 11:10. From there we will ride up to gorgeous Viestenz-Smith Mountain Park river-side picnic area with plenty of covered picnic tables like this one. You may need to bring camping chairs for us all to fit around one table. Please RSVP to Ride Coordinator.)
- 11-Jun-2022: Chapter-G Gathering (meeting starts 09:30am Parkways Diner, 1762 W 92nd Ave #5305, Denver, CO 80260. Vic suggests arriving early to have breakfast before meeting).
- NOTE DATE CHANGE!
15-Jun-2022: WY/SD/NE Joint District Rally Ride, 5-Day Trip (15th-19th), 2-Day Rally (17-18th, @ Newcastle Lodge and Convention Center). [register][flyer]. We are leaving a day early so we can get in some riding in Black Hills, SD before the rally starts, then ride home on Sunday the 19th.
[ride plan] [route]
- 26-Jun-2022: Wing Ding (3-day ride + 5-day Event @ Shreveport, Louisiana [register/book] [map]). The ride: CO-G members will combine with the ride that Chris Toomer (District Ride Coordinator) put together. Day 1 is mostly freeway to Tulsa, OK to stage for a brilliant, leisurely-and-scenic traversal of Arkansas on day 2, and day 3 encompasses a lunch in Vicksburg, MS, and on to Shreveport, LA arriving in time for the Welcome Party). The final ride plan and route just came out in the May District Newsletter.
- 09-Jul-2022: Chapter-G Meal Ride (bumped from normal Jul-3 so as not to interfere with Wing Ding; planner: Gregg; location TBD)
- 16-Jul-2022: Chapter-G Gathering (TBD)
- 06-Aug-2022: Howl-at-the-Moon Ride (multi-chapter). (Full moon is August 11.) Meet @ 6:05pm, west Jax (2665 W Eisenhower Blvd), kickstands up @ 6:15pm. We will dine @ 7:05pm Boss Burgers & Gyros at 861 Moraine Ave, Estes Park, CO 80517, and then proceed to rendezvous with others @ Fall River Visitor Center parking lot, at 8:15pm (a few minutes after sunset) just east of the Rocky Mountain National Park north entrance. Riders from other chapters are welcome to join us for dinner or at the rendezvous point.
- 13-Aug-2022: Chapter-G Meal Ride (bumped from normal Aug-7 so as not to interfere with Howl-at-the-Moon Ride; location TBD)
- 20-Aug-2022: Chapter-G Gathering (TBD)
- 25-28-Aug-2022: 4-Corners Multi-District Rally (Sky Ute Resort Casino, Ignacio, CO [register] [flyer]) Rally activities (classes) begin at 1pm on Friday the 26th. So the plan is to leave on Thursday the 25th, leaving only a short ride to the rally (via Million Dollary Hwy) on the morning of the 26th. Ride starts: 25-Aug-2022 09:00. Meet fed and fuelled @ Maverik Adventure's First Stop, 8810 N Pecos St, Thornton. Safety briefing @ 09:05; kickstands up @ 09:15.
[ride plan] [route]
- 10-Sep-2022: Chapter-G Meal Ride (Bumped to Satuday following Labor Day Weekend. Planner: Lis)
- 01-Oct-2022: Chapter-G Meal Ride (Planner, Hugh and Gina Curley. Location: TBD)
- 05-Nov-2022: Chapter-G Meal Ride (TBD)
- 03-Dec-2022: Chapter-G Meal Ride (TBD)
Upcoming Rides and Events
GWRRA members and non-members alike are encouraged to visit neighboring chapters at their
meetings, rides and other events. Come visit us! Make friends! Join the fun!